Кам’яний літопис Поділля – Меджибізька фортеця

Старокостянтинів - план містаСкачать «Старокостянтинів - план міста до кожного будинку», а также «Генеральний план м.Старокостянтинів»

Генеральний план м.Старокостянтинів

Скачать «Карты областей и городов Украины» бесплатно, а также скачать много других карт можно в нашем  архиве карт

Меджибізька фортеця «Білий лебідь» розташована в селищі Меджибіж Летичівського району Хмельницької області, за 36 км на схід від Хмельницького.

Меджибізька фортецяМеджибізька фортеця «Білий лебідь» височіє у місці злиття річок Пів­денний Буг і Бужок: від цього розташування «між Бугами» і походить назва селища. Замок в цілому добре зберігся до наших днів, від часу по­страждали лише внутрішні споруди, особливо палац. У відреставрованих приміщеннях розташований історичний музей. На території форте­ці проводять музичні й історичні фестивалі.

1362 року захоплені татарами землі відвоювало Велике князівство Ли­товське і власниками подільських земель стали князі Корятовичи з ди­настії Гедиміновичів. На місці давньоруських укріплень вони звели но­вий замок, що став основою нинішньої Меджибізької фортеці.

1540 року власником фортеці став польський коронний гетьман Мико­ла Сенявський, відомий також будівництвом Бережанського замку. При ньому Меджибіж здобув магдебурзьке право, а фортецю реконструюва­ли і розширили до нинішніх розмірів.

Меджибізька фортецяМеджибізьку фортецю оточують високі стіни з вапняку. Аркова брама розташована в західній частині. Її захищали з Лицарської вежі, що стоїть поруч. Ще одна вежа височіє на півночі. Ця восьмикутна Офіцерська вежа перебудована з круглої вежі часів Корятовичів. Вона відчутно ви­ступає за лінію стін, що давало можливість обстрілювати супротивника, який підступив до замку.

На східному краю замку, навпроти брами, розташований палац. Сенявські перебудували аскетичний житловий корпус часів Корятовича в ефект­ний палац у стилі ренесансу. Пізніше, у XIX столітті, його декорували в сти­лі неоготики: вікнам надали стрілчастої форми, дах прикрасили аттиком.

За палацом розгорнулася потужна бастея, що захищала замок зі схо­ду. Вона має унікальну форму, що нагадує п'ятилисник, завдяки якій об­стріл супротивника можна було вести у різних напрямках. Для обстрілу в бастеї є безліч бійниць на кількох рівнях.

Зсередини до стін фортеці примикають численні службові будівлі і ка­зарми, а посеред двору височіє костел, побудований 1586 року.

Після поділу Польщі Меджибіж увійшов до складу Російської імперії. На відміну від інших західноукраїнських фортець, які після цього втра­тили стратегічне значення і занепали, Меджибозька знову розквітла, ставши важливою базою російських військ на Поділлі. Фортецю відреставрували, її стіни побілили, і саме тоді білий замок, що мальовничо ви­сочів над водами Буга, прозвали «Білим лебедем».

У фортеці відбувалися військові навчання і паради, які неодноразово відвідували російські імператори з сім'ями. З 1900 року у фортеці квар- тирувався знаменитий Охтирський 12-й гусарський полк.

Меджибізька фортецяMedzhybizh Fortress “White Swan”

The fortress is situated in the village of Medzhy­bizh, Letychiv District, Khmelnytskiy Region, 36 km east of Khmelnytskiy.

The Medzhybizh Fortress "White Swan" towers at the confluence of the Pivdenniy (Southern) Buh and Buzhok rivers. The location defined the name of the village, meaning "between two Buhs". In general, the castle has been well preserved to this day, and only its internal structures have suf­fered somewhat, especially the palace. In the restored buildings, there is a historical museum now. The fortress is also the place for musical and historical festivals.

In 1362, the lands occupied by Tatars were conquered by the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, and Princes Koriatovych of Gedymin dynasty became the own­ers of Podillia. In the site of ancient fortifications, they erected a new castle that was the basis of the present-day Medzhybizh Fortress.

In 1540, the owner of the fortress was the Polish Hetman of Crown Mykola Seniavskiy, known for construction of Berezhany Castle. Under his gover­nance, Medzhybizh received the Magdeburg right, and the castle was recon­structed and expanded to its current size.

Medzhybizh Fortress is surrounded by high walls of limestone. The arched gate is located in the western part. It was protected by Lytsarska (Knight) tow­er located nearby. Another tower stands in the north. This octagonal Ofitserska (Officer) tower was rebuilt from the round tower of Koriatovych days. It protrudes significantly over the line of walls, which made it possible to shell the enemy, who approached the castle.

On the eastern edge of the castle, opposite the gate, there is the palace. The Seniavskiys rebuilt the ascetic residential building of the Koriatovych era into a spectacular palace of the Renaissance style. Later, in the 19"' century, it was decorated in the neo-Gothic style, with windows of ogival shape, and the roof decorated with an attic. Behind the palace, there is a powerful bulwark that protected the castle from the east. The bulwark is of unigue shape that resem­bles a cinguefoil; due to such shape, they could shell the enemy from different directions. For shooting, the bulwark has innumerable loopholes in several tiers. From inside, the fortress walls border on numerous household build­ings and barracks, and in the middle of the courtyard there stands the Polish Catholic church, constructed in 1586.

*** Even in the times of Kyiv Rus, there was a castle on the site of the present-day fortress, which defended the state borders. Archeologists found its remains during the excavations in the castle yard at the depth of 11 meters. It was a stone citadel, encircled by earthen ramparts. The entrance into the fortress was protected by the gate, similar in design to the Golden Gate in Kyiv. The castle is mentioned in the Hypatian Codex by 1146. In 1255, the fortress was captured and destroyed by Tatars.

After the partition of Poland, Medzhybizh became a part of the Russian Empire. Unlike other fortresses of Western Ukraine, which lost their strate­gic importance gradually and declined, Medzhybizh Castle flourished again, becoming an important base of Russian troops in Podillia. The fortress was restored, its walls were painted white, and it was then that the white castle overlooking the picturesque waters of the Buh was nicknamed the "White Swan". The fortress often hosted military trainings and parades, which were often visited by Russian emperors and their families. Since 1900, the fortress was the residence of the famous Okhtyrskiy 12th Hussar regiment.

Старокостянтинівський замокСтарокостянтинівський замок

Замок розташований у місті Старокостянтинів Хмельницької області, за 64 км на північ від Хмельницького.

Старокостянтинівський замок уцілів лише частково. Колись це було потужне укріплення, що повністю займало широкий мис, утворений на місці злиття річок Случ та Ікопоть. Широкі річки омивали мис з трьох боків, а з четвертого боку був рів, що заповнювався водою. Все це пере­творювало мис із замком на неприступний острів. По периметру острова було насипано земляні вали і зведено 5-метрові стіни з п'ятьма вежами по кутах. В одній із веж була брама, до якої через рів перекидали підйом­ний міст.

До наших днів зберігся палацовий корпус, розташований на березі річки. За своїм архітектурним рішенням він унікальний: князівська ре­зиденція з одного боку укріплена оборонною вежею, а з іншого — спо­лучається з церквою.

Оборонна вежа палацу має незвичну, роздвоєну форму. Вона призем­кувата і масивна, але попри це ефектно прикрашена складним ренесанс­ним аттиком у вигляді корони. Призначалася вежа переважно для обо­рони замку з боку річки.

Фортецю в Старокостянтинові звів у 1561- 1571 роках князь Костян­тин Костянтинович Острозький, відомий меценат, просвітник і побор­ник православ'я. Недивно, що просто до князівського палацу примикає православний храм. Церква — єдина відреставрована частина замку, в ній у наші дні знову проводять богослужіння. Збереглися фрагменти розписів XVI століття, часів Острозьких.

Костянтин Острозький заснував не лише замок, але й місто Старо­костянтинів, назване на його честь. Старокостянтинів лежав на при­кордонній території, на Чорному шляху, яким татари наступали на по­дільські землі. Тому місто було ґрунтовно укріплене земляними валами і кам'яними стінами з вежами. Увійти до нього можна було лише через одну з трьох кам'яних брам, які добре охоронялися.

До наших днів збереглася одна з оборонних веж міста. У XVIII столітті до неї прибудували костел, а саму вежу перетворили на дзвіницю. Суворі амбразури нижніх ярусів контрастують з вишуканими арками верхніх, звідки дзвонили дзвони. Під вежею збереглися підземелля.

***1648 року, в розпал Національно-визвольної війни, під Старокостянтиновом, біля села Пилявці, відбулася велика битва козацьких військ Богдана Хмельницького і польської армії на чолі з Яре­мою Вишневецьким і Владиславом Домініком Заславським. Козаки спонукали польських солдатів до втечі. Міст, що веде до міської брами, не витримав ваги війська, що тікало, і обвалився, поховав­ши під уламками сотні людей.

 Старокостянтинівський замокStarokostiantyniv Castle

The castle is situated in the town of Starokos­tiantyniv, Khmelnytskiy Region, 64 km north of Khmelnytskiy

Starokostiantyniv Castle has survived only partially. Once it was a power­ful fortification, which occupied the whole of the broad cape formed by the confluence of Sluch and Ikopot rivers. The rivers washed the cape from the three sides, and from the fourth side there was a moat filled with water. All this made the cape with the castle an impregnable island. Along the perimeter of the island, there were earthen ramparts and 5-meter-high walls with five towers in the corners. In one of the towers there was a gate to which a draw­bridge led over the moat.

A palace building situated on the riverbank has survived to this day. It is unique in its architectural design: the princely residence is fortified from one side by the defensive tower, and from another side it borders on the church.

The defense tower has an unusual bifurcated form. It is low and massive, but despite this, it is spectacularly decorated by the attic of the Renaissance style, which resembles a crown. The tower was designed primarily to defend the castle from the side of the river.

Starokostiantyniv Fortress was built in 1561- 1571 by Prince Kostiantyn Ostrozkiy, who was a famous philanthropist, educator, and proponent of Ortho­doxy. Thus, it is not surprising, that the princely palace is adjoined by the Orthodox church. The church is the only restored part of the castle and today it is the place of sacred service again. The fragments of the 16th century paintings, dating back to the times of the Ostrozkiy, have been preserved there.

***In 1648, in the heated period of the national liberation war of Ukrainian people, a great battle between Cossack troops led by Bohdan Khmelnytskiy and the Polish army under Yarema Vyshnevetskiy and Vladislav Dominik Zaslawskiy took place near Starokostiantyniv, at the village of Pyliavtsi. The Cossacks scared the Polish soldiers to break ranks and flee. The bridge leading to the town gate could not support the weight of the escaping troops and collapsed, burying hundreds of people under its debris.

Kostiantyn Ostrozkiy founded not only the castle, but also the town of Starokostiantyniv, which was named after him. Starokostiantyniv was situ­ated in the border, on the socalled Black Way, which Tatars used to advance on Podillia lands. That is why the town was thoroughly fortified with earthen ramparts and stone walls with towers. One could enter it only through one of three stone gates, which were well guarded.

To this day, only one of the city towers has survived. In the 18th century, the tower was adjoined by a Polish Catholic church and the tower itself was turned into a belfry. The grim embrasures of lower tiers form a sharp contrast with elegant arches of the upper tiers, where the bells rang. Under the tower, there is an old cellar preserved.

Starokostiantyniv Castle successfully defended the town from many Tatar raids. The Crimean Tatars have never managed to capture it, even in 1618 when their 30,000 army invaded Podillia.

Often, Starokostiantyniv Castle found itself in the midst of popular upris­ings. In 1593, under the walls of the town, the uprising led by Kshyshtof Kosynskiy suffered a crushing defeat. Another rebel, Severin Nalyvayko, was  a centurion in Starokostiantyniv before he started the rebellion.