Кам’яний літопис Поділля – Збаразький замок

План міста ЗбаражСкачать «План міста Збараж»а также «Топографические карты масштаба 1:100 000: №91 - Вишневец и №109 - Тернополь»

Скачать «Карты областей и городов Украины» бесплатно, а также скачать много других карт можно в нашем  архиве карт

Збаразький замок розташований у місті Збараж Терно­пільської області, за 24 км на північний схід від Тернополя.

Збаразький замокЗбаразький замок можна сміливо зарахувати до найцікавіших замків, що добре збереглися в Західній Україні. Окрім архітектурної цінності, замок має велике історичне значення: він пов'язаний з родом князів Вишневецьких, які відіграли важливу роль в історії країни. Крім того, під його стінами відбулися ключові епізоди Національно-визвольної війни під керівництвом Богдана Хмельницького.

Завдяки гарному стану архітектурного комплексу Збаразький за­мок став однією з перших діючих філій заповідника «Замки Тернопіль­щини». У приміщеннях замку працює музей з багатою і цікавою екс­позицією: старовинні збаразькі ікони, дерев'яні скульптури на тему козацтва, зброя, музичні інструменти, монети, антикварні предмети побуту тощо.

Збаразький замокПерші оборонні укріплення з'явилися в Збаражі ще за часів Галицько- Волинського князівства. Наприкінці XIV століття землі князівства уві­йшли до складу Польщі і власниками міста стали князі Несвицькі — російсько-литовський князівський рід, що брав початок на Волині від династії Гедиміновичів. Та представники роду Несвицьких, які осіли в Збаражі, зробивши його своєю головною резиденцією, стали назива­тися князями Збаразькими. 1393 року князь Дмитро Корибут побудував на місці давньоруської фортеці замок. Незабаром Збараж став центром удільного князівства, що об'єднувало великі території на півдні Волині.

Багато разів Збаразький замок зазнавав татарських набігів. 1474 року він став центром героїчної оборони від орди хана Айдора. Командував обороною князь Василь Збаразький. Захисникам не вдалося утримати фортецю, її було знищено. На початку XVI століття фортецю відбудува­ли, і вона стала ареною нових битв з татарами: у 1558, 1567, 1572, 1588, 1589 роках. Замок знову захопили і зруйнували вже 1598 року.

1636 року замок відійшов князям Вишневецьким — ще одній гіл­ці роду Несвицьких. Новим власником Збаража став Янош Корибут- Вишневецький. Він завершив фортифікаційні роботи зі зміцнення замку за участю європейських фахівців Себастьяна Андерса і Ніколя Дюбуа.

Замок регулярного типу, квадратний у плані, оточують потужні бас­тіони. Бастіони укріплені валами з ескарпами заввишки до 12 метрів і завтовшки до 23 метрів. У товщі бастіонів розміщувалися казарми, а згори було встановлено близько 50 гармат. Замок оточує глибокий рів, а вхід лежить через в'їзну вежу, до якої перекинутий міст. Навпро­ти брами, посеред двору, розташований двоповерховий палац у стилі ренесансу. Над парадним входом у будівлю нависає балкон на кам’яних консолях.

***У  1651 року Збаразький замок відіграв ключову роль у Національно-визвольній війні під проводом Богдана Хмельницького. Війська Хмельницого взяли замок в облогу, але захисникам вдалося від­правити посланця до короля по допомогу. Підкріплення на чолі з королем Яном Казимиром розбило козацькі війська в битві під Зборовом (околиці Збаража), і було укладено мирну угоду — Зборівський договір. Облогу Збаразького замку зобразив у романі «Вогнем і мечем» Генрик Сенкевич, тут і знімався польський фільм за романом.

 Збаразький замок

Zbarazh Castle

The castle is situated in the town of Zbarazh of Temopil Region, 24 km to the northeast of Temopil.

Zbarazh Castle can be easily said to belong to the group of most interesting castles, which are well preserved in the Western Ukraine. In addition to the architectural value, the castle is of great historical significance. It is associ­ated with the princely family of Vyshnevetskiy who played an important role in the country's history. Moreover, its walls witnessed the key episodes of the national liberation war by Bohdan Khmelnytskiy.

Due to a good state of its architectural complex, Zbarazh Castle became one of the first operating branches of "Temopil Castles" reserve. The castle premises house a museum with a rich and interesting exposition. Among the exhibits, there are ancient Zbarazh icons, wooden sculptures on the Cossacks theme, weapons, musical instruments, coins, antigue household items etc.

The first fortifications appeared in Zbarazh in the times of the principal­ity of Galicia and Volyn. At the end of the 14th century, the principality lands became the part of Poland and Princes Nesvytskiy became the city owners. It was the Russian-Lithuanian princely family, descending from Volyn-based offsprings of the Gedyminovych family. The branch of the Nesvytskiy family that settled in Zbarazh, made it their main residence and became to be called Princes Zbarazkiy. In 1393, Prince Dmytro Korybut constructed a castle on the site of an Old Russian fortress. Soon Zbarazh became the center of an inde­pendent principality, which united large areas in southern Volyn. 

*** In 1651, Zbarazh Castle played a key role in the national liberation war led by Bohdan Khmelnytskiy. The troops of Khmelnytskiy besieged the castle, but the defenders managed to send a messenger to the king for help. The reinforcements led by king Jan Kasimir defeated the Cossacks troops in the battle of Zborov (nearby Zbarazh), and concluded the Zborov peace agreement. The siege of Zbarazh Castle was depicted by Henryk Sienkiewich. in his novel "With Fire and Sword", and the castle was used in shooting the Polish film based on the novel. 

Many times Zbarazh Castle suffered from Tatar raids. In 1474, it became the center of the heroic defense against the horde of Khan Aydor. The defense was commanded by Prince Vasyl Zbarazkiy. The defenders could not hold the fortress, and the enemy destroyed it. At the beginning of the 16lh century the fortress was rebuilt, and it became the scene of new battles with the Tatars: in 1558, 1567, 1572, 1588, and 1589. The castle was captured and finally de­stroyed in 1598.

In 1636, the castle passed to Princes Vyshnevetskiy, who were another branch of the Nesvytskiy family. The new owner of Zbarazh was now Janush Korybut-Vyshnevetskiy. He completed the additional fortification works on the castle with the participation of the European experts, Sebastian Anders and Nicolas Dubois.

The castle is of a regular type, and sguare planning, surrounded by power­ful bastions. The bastions are fortified with ramparts and escarpments, which are up to 12 meters high and 23 meters thick. Within the bastions, there were barracks, while above them there were batteries of about 50 cannons. The castle was surrounded by a deep moat, and the entrance was made through an entry tower to which a bridge was leading. Opposite the gate in the middle of the yard, there is a two-storied palace in the Renaissance style. The main entrance is overhung by a balcony on stone vertical cantilevers.

*** ln 1626—1631 Yezhi (Yuriy) and Kshyshtof (Christopher) Zbarazkiy built a new castle de­signed by the Flemish architect Van Peen. For the project the architect used drawings by Vin­cenzo Scamozzi, the last famous architect of Ital­ian Renaissance and the "father of classicism”. The project of the great Italian architect has been described in the treatise “On the idea of univer­sal architecture", and was realized in Zbarazh for the first time.  Вишневецький палац

Вишневецький палац розташований у селищі Вишнівець Збаразького району Тернопільської області, за 50 км на північний схід від Тернополя.

Селище Вишнівець — вотчина князів Вишневецьких, рід яких завдя­ки знатному походженню, великим володінням і зв'язкам відіграв поміт­ну роль в історії країни. Серед Вишневецьких були видатні полководці (Дмитро і Ярема Вишневецькі), впливові чиновники і навіть польські королі (Михайло Корибут-Вишневецький). До наших днів зберігся пре­красний палац Вишневецьких, в якому діє музей — філія Національного історико-архітектурного заповідника «Замки Тернопільщини».

Ці землі отримав у володіння російсько-литовський князь Дмитро Корибут з династії Гедиміновичів 1395 року. В середині XV столітгя його прав­нук Солтан звів замок Вишнівець, що дав початок однойменному поселен­ню. Замок розташовувався не там, де нинішній палац, а на протилежному березі річки Горинь, де нині розляглося село Старий Вишнівець.

1494 року племінник Солтана Михайло Васильович побудував новий за­мок, у якому осів і став називатися князем Вишневецьким, давши початок цьому роду. 1517 року у Вишнівці народився онук Михайла Вишневецького Дмитро Іванович, що став чудовим полководцем — легендарним Байдою.

Для захисту українських земель від турецько-татарських набігів Дми­тро Вишневецький об'єднав загони козаків і на власні кошти побудував на острові Мала Хортиця дерев'яно-земляний замок, який історики вва­жають попередником Запорізької Січі. Використовуючи цю фортецю як військову базу, козакам на чолі з князем вдалося здійснити декілька нищівних походів на татарські й турецькі володіння. Доблестю і відвагою Дмитро Вишневецький заслужив велику військову славу серед козаків, яка тільки збільшилася після його трагічної смерті. 1563 року князь потра­пив у полон до турецького султана Сулеймана І і був страчений: його підві­сили за ребро на гак. Князь провисів так три дні, поки турки не пронизали його стрілами, бо хоробрий ватажок козаків глузував з їхньої релігії.

Останній представник роду Вишневецьких князь Михайло-Серватій (1680 — 1744) прославився як письменник і поет. 1720 року саме він пере­будував замок у палац у стилі французького ренесансу, яким той і зберігся до наших днів. Князь мав величезну колекцію живопису й багату бібліоте­ку, завдяки якій Вишневецький палац був відомий далеко за межами Укра­їни. Деякі книги нині зберігаються в Національній бібліотеці України імені Вернадського, картини — в Національному художньому музеї України.

Vyshnеvets PalaceVyshnеvets Palace

The palace is situated in the village of Vysh­nivets of Zbarazh District, Temopil Region, 50 km northeast of Temopil.

The village of Vyshnivets is a patrimony of Princes Vyshnevetskiy. Due to a noble birth, large possessions and wide connections, their family played a prominent role in the country's history. Among them, there were outstand­ing military leaders (Dmytro and Yarema Vyshnevetskiy), influential officials, and even one Polish king (Mykhailo Korybut-Vyshnevetskiy). The wonderful palace of the Vyshnevetskiy has preserved to nowadays. Today it hosts the museum, which is a branch of the National Historical and Architectural Re­serve "Temopil Castles".

These lands were given into possession of the Russian-Lithuanian Prince Dmytro Korybut of the Gedymin dynasty in 1395. In the middle of the cen­tury, his grandson Soltan constructed Vyshnivets Castle that gave rise to a set­tlement with the same name. The castle was located not in the site of the pres­ent-day palace, but on the opposite bank of Horyn River, where there is the present-day village of Stariy Vyshnivets.

In 1494, Mykhailo Vasyliovych Vyshnevetskiy, who was the nephew of Soltan, had constructed a new castle where he settled and became known as Prince Vyshnevetskiy thus giving start to this dynasty. In 1517, the grandson of Mykhailo Vyshnevetskiy was born there — this man, Dmytro Ivanovych Vyshnevetskiy was destined to become a great commander and a legendary person.

To protect the Ukrainian lands from raids of Turks and Tatars, Dmytro Vyshnevetskiy united Cossack detachments and spent his own funds to con­struct a castle of wood and earth on the island of Mala Khortytsia, which his­torians consider to be a predecessor of Zaporizhyan Sich.

Using this fortress as their military base, the Cossacks led by the Prince managed to make several devastating campaigns against Tatar and Turkish territories. By his valor and courage, Dmytro Vyshnevetskiy earned great mil­itary glory among the Cossacks, which only increased after his tragic death. In 1563, the Prince was captured by the Turkish sultan Suleiman I. The enemies executed him by hanging him on the hook by his ribs. The Prince was hanging there for three days ridiculing and mocking their religion, until Turks grew furious at him and killed the man with their arrows.

The last representative of the Vyshnevetskiy family, prince Mykhailo Servatiy became famous as a writer and a poet. It was him who reconstructed the castle into the family palace in the French Renaissance style, and the castle was lucky to keep this appearance till our days.

The prince had a huge collection of paintings and a large library, due to which Vyshnevetskiy Palace was known far beyond Ukraine. Some books from the Vyshnevetskiy collection are now stored at the Vernadskiy National Library of Ukraine and some of the paintings are now at the National Art Mu­seum of Ukraine.