Могутні твердині Волині – Луцький замок

Луцьк - план містаСкачать «Луцьк - план міста»

Скачать «Карты областей и городов Украины» бесплатно, а также скачать много других карт можно в нашем  архиве карт 

Замок Любарта розташований розташований у місті Луцьк, на вулиці Кафедральній, 1 а.

Луцький замок Луцький замок — один з найяскравіших туристичних об'єктів Украї­ни. Його зображення прикрашає національні грошові банкноти вартістю 200 гривень. Побудований у XIV столітті литовським князем Любартом, замок зберігся до наших днів без значних змін. Він є єдиною в Україні архітектурною пам'яткою доби Великого князівства Литовського.

Як і більшість європейських середньовічних замків, Луцький замок по­будований з цегли, а не каменю, що характерно для українських твердинь. Та й зовні фортеця більше схожа на величні європейські замки з високи­ми стінами і стрункими вежами, а не на приземкуваті й суворі українські.

Луцький замокПерший замок у Луцьку побудував приблизно 1000 року київський князь Володимир Святославич. 1069 року твердиня витримала шестимісячну об­логу польської армії під командуванням короля Болеслава Сміливого. Князь Любарт значно перебудував замок, додатково посиливши його лінією місь­ких укріплень. Луцьк був оточений оборонними валами і стінами з могутні­ми вежами. Міські укріплення називалися Нижнім, або Обхідним, замком, а ядром бойової потужності, звичайно, був князівський Верхній замок.

Верхній замок зберігся на пагорбі над річкою Стир і складається з трьох веж, сполучених потужними стінами. Вежі замку відрізняються одна від одної: кожна мала свої призначення і назву — Любартова, Стирова і Владича.

Найвідоміша з них — Любартова в'їзна вежа. У її нижньому ярусі є ар­ковий проїзд, а вершину прикрашає корона зубців, яка надає й вежі, й усьому замку величного вигляду. Спочатку в’їзд до замку розташову­вався вище рівня землі: до нього вів підйомний міст, який у разі нападу ворогів прибирали. Сліди замурованих старої арки і хвіртки добре ви­дно над нинішньою аркою. Нині у Любартовій вежі розміщена виставка, присвячена історії будівельної кераміки.

Князівські палати розташовувалися у Владичій вежі, а в наші дні тут розмістилися унікальні музеї: «Дзвони Волині» й «Арсенал» — колекція старовинної зброї. Від річки Стир походить назва Стирової вежі, яка на­висає над ії водами. Між нею і Любартовою вежею розміщувався князів­ський палац, замість якого 1789 року побудували шляхетський (дворян­ський) будинок. Тепер тут працює картинна галерея.

Луцький замокLubart Castle In Lutsk

Lubart Castle is situated in the city of Lutsk, in la Kafedralna Street.

Lutsk Castle is one of the brightest tourist attractions in Ukraine. Its image adorns the national currency — it is pictured on UAH 200 notes. Constructed in the 14th century by the Lithuanian Prince Lubart, the castle has survived without significant changes till our time. It is the only Ukrainian landmark left after the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

Like most European medieval castles, Lutsk High Castle was constructed of brick, not of stone, which is typical for Ukrainian strongholds. The castle's appearance is more like that of grand European castles with high walls and slender towers, rather than low and grim strongholds of Ukraine.

The first castle in Lutsk was constructed about 1000 AD by Kyiv Prince Volodymyr Sviatoslavych. In 1069, the fortress withstood a six-month siege by the Polish army led by king Boleslaw the Courageous. Prince Lubart recon­structed the castle considerably by fortifying it by a line of town's defensive buildings. Lutsk was surrounded by defensive ramparts and walls with stout towers. Town's fortifications were called the Lower (Nyzhniy), or Roundabout (Obhidniy) Castle, while the core element of fortification was certainly the Prince's High (Verhniy) Castle.

***The founder of Lutsk Castle, Prince Lubart was the seventh and the youngest son of the Grand Duke of Lithuania Gedymin, the founder of Gedymin dynasty. The only daughter of Galicia and Volyn Prince Andriy Yuriyovich became Prince Lubart's wife. To marry her, Prince Lubart had even changed his religion, converting into orthodoxy under the name of Dmytro. After he had settled with his wife in Lutsk, Lubart built a castle here, which became his main residence. After the death of Lubart’s father-in-law, he became the last ruler of the united principality of Galicia and Volyn.

High Castle has been preserved on a hill above the River Styr and con­sists of three towers connected by strong walls. The towers of the castle dif­fer from each other: each had its purpose and its name: Lubartova, Styrova, and Vladycha.

The most famous of them is Lubartova entrance tower. Its lower floor has an arched way, and the top is decorated with a crown of battlements, which give the towers and the castle a majestic appearance. First, the entrance to the castle had been made above the ground level: to get there, one had to use a draw­bridge, which was removed in case of an enemy attack. The signs of the old arch and gate later encased in brick are clearly visible above the current arch. In Lubartova Tower there is an exhibition of the history of building ceramics.

Prince's chambers were located in Vladycha tower, and today there are two unigue museums, "Volyn Bells" and "Arsenal" which represent a collection of ancient weapons. The name of Styrova tower, which hangs over the water, originates from the name of the Styr River. Between this tower and Lubart Tow­er there used to be the Prince’s Palace, instead of which the "shlyahetsky" (no­bleman's) house was constructed in 1789. Now there is a picture gallery there.

*** 1429, Lutsk Castle hosted a grand historical event: the congress of European monarchs. The reason for such summit was a common threat to all of them the Ottoman Empire. The congress was attended by the Polish King Yagailo, the German Emperor Sigizmund, the Grand Duke of Moscow Vasyl II, the Dan­ish king, the Pope's legate, the Prussian Grand Master, the governor of Walachia, the Khan of Perekop and the Byzantine ambassador. Yet, the mighty rulers failed to overcome the internecine rivalry and unite against their common enemy.

Замок Радзивілів в ОлиціЗамок Радзивілів в Олиці

Замок Радзивілів розташований у селищі Олика, за 40 км на схід від Луцька.

З початку XVI століття і до 1939 року волинське містечко Олика було одним з родових гнізд династії Радзивілів, найдавнішого князівського роду в Європі. До наших днів збереглися князівський палац і величний колегіальний костел, архітектурна перлина Волині.

Олика, що перейшла до Радзивілів на початку XVI століття, 1586 року стала майоратним володінням, тобто її не можна було продати або роз­ділити, а успадковували її старші сини роду. З 1547 року Радзивіли мали титул князів Олики і Несвіжа.

У 1558— 1564 роках Микола Радзивіл Чорний побудував Олицький за­мок, перший замок бастіонного типу в Україні. 1640 року Альбрехт Ста­ніслав Радзивіл перетворив фортецю на палацовий комплекс. Замість фортечних стін виросли палацові корпуси, що утворили квадратний двір. В'їзд до двору вінчала висока вежа у стилі бароко. Замок, як і раніше, за­хищали бастіони, які обслуговували 202 гармати і великий гарнізон.  Нині в корпусах колишнього замку розміщена психіатрична лікарня, проте туристам доступ на територію відкритий.

Замок Радзивілів в ОлиціRadzyvil Castle in Olyka

Radzyvil Castle is situated in the village of Olyka, 40 km east of Lutsk.

Since the beginning of the 16lh century and until 1939 the village of Olyka in Volyn was one of the family estates of the Radzyvils, who were the oldest princely family in Europe. The prince's palace and a grand collegiate church, vhich is an architectural gem of Volyn, have preserved up to nowadays.

Olyka became a possession of the Radzyvils at the beginning of the 16th century. In 1586, it became an entailed estate, i.e. it was impossible to sell or split it, and it was always inherited by eldest sons. Since 1547 the Radzyvils had a title of Prince of Olyka and Nesvizh. In 1558-1564, Mykola Radzyvil Chorniy constructed Olyka Castle, the first castle of bastion type in Ukraine. In 1640, Albrecht Stanislaw Radzyvil turned the castle into a pal­ace complex. Instead of fortress walls there appeared palace buildings, which formed a sguare yard. The entrance into the courtyard was crowned by a tall tower in the Barogue style. As before, the castle was still defended by bastions that were armed with 202 cannons and a large garrison.

Nowadays, buildings of the former castle house a sanatorium, but the ter­ritory is open for tourists.

***It is believed that the Radzyvil family comes from a top priest tier of the ancient Lithuania and the name is associated with the word “radzyt" i.e. “counsel". The famous members of the Radzyvil dynasty were the "Lithuanian Hercules” Yuriy Radzyvil (1480-1541), the European beauty queen Barbara Radzyvil (1520-1551), cardinal Yuriy Radzyvil (1556-1600), a patron Ludwiga Caro­lina Radzyvil (1667-1695), a poet Ulrich Krzysztof Radzyvil (1712-1769), an attractive adventurer Karl.