Кам’яний літопис Поділля – Жванецька фортеця

Хотинський район Чернівецької областіСкачать «Топографические карты масштаба 1:100 000: №167 - Хотин и №186 - Новоселица»

Скачать «Карты областей и городов Украины» бесплатно, а также скачать много других карт можно в нашем  архиве карт

Жванецька фортеця розташована розташована в селі Жванець Кам'янець-Подільського району Хмельниць­кої області, за 120 км на південь від Хмель­ницького.

Жванецька фортеця

Руїни Жванецької фортеці височіють на крутому живописному березі річки Дністер. У тому місці, де в Дністер впадає річка Жванчик, злиття двох річок утворило крутий мис з обривистим схилом, на якому і стоїть вціліла північна вежа старовинної фортеці.

Укріплення на місці Жванецької фортеці з'явилися ще в давнину, а в столітті тут було зведено перший кам'яний замок, який неодноразово реконструювався протягом XV-XVI століть. Увага до фортеці є недив ною: вона опинилася на стратегічно важливому для охорони кордонів Речі Посполитої від татарських і турецьких військ місці.

Велику історичну роль фортеця відіграла під час Національно-виз­вольної війни. Тут відбулася велика битва козацького війська і поль­ської армії на чолі з королем Яном-Казимиром. Козаки тримали поль­ську фортецю в облозі з вересня до грудня 1653 року. У вирішальний момент до польського війська долучилися татари під керівництвом кримського хана Іслама III Гірея, підкуплені золотом і королівським до­зволом грабити на українських землях. Не в змозі протистояти обом арміям, Богдан Хмельницький виступив зі Жванецької фортеці в Пере­яслав — на перемовини з Росією, що закінчилися підписанням Пере­яславської угоди.

Після того як у XVIII столітті фортеця втратила стратегічне значення, вона поступово занепала, до наших днів збереглися лише руїни.

Жванецька фортецяZhvanets Fortress

The fortress is situated in the village of Zhvanets, Kamyanets-Podilskiy District, Khmelnytskiy Region, 120 km south of Khmelnytskiy.

The ruins of Zhvanets fortress rise on a steep picturesque bank of the Dnis- ter. In the place where Zhvanchyk River runs into the Dnister, the confluence of two rivers formed a steep cape with a steep slope, on which the remaining northern tower of the old fortress has been preserved.

Fortifications on the site of Zhvanets fortress first appeared in the an­cient times, and in the 15th century, the first stone castle was built here, to be repeatedly reconstructed during the 15th - 16th centuries. Such atten­tion to the fortress is not surprising, as it had a strategically important loca­tion to protect the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth borders from Tatar and Turkish troops.

The fortress played a great historical role during the national liberation war of Ukrainian people. It was the place of a great battle between Cossack troops and the Polish army led by King Jan Kasimir. The Cossacks besieged the Polish fortress from September to December 1653. At a crucial moment, the Polish troops received support from Tatars under the Crimean Khan Is­lam Girey III, bribed by gold and the royal permission to plunder Ukrainian lands. Unable to resist both armies, Bohdan Khmelnytskiy retreated from Zhvanets fortress to Pereyaslav for negotiations with Russia that resulted into the Treaty of Pereyaslav. Once the fortress had lost its strategic importance in the 18th century, it declined gradually and only its ruins have survived up to nowadays.

Палац у МаліївцяхПалац у Маліївцях

Палац розташований у селі Маліївці Дунаєвецького району Хмельницької області, за 62 км на південь від Хмельницького.

Палацово-парковий комплекс у Маліївцях належав графам Орлов­ським, польським поміщикам. Палац побудував граф Ян Орловський 1788 року за проектом архітектора Домініка Мерліні. В архітектурі па­лацу помітний вплив раннього французького класицизму, що є яскра­вим віддзеркаленням активних культурних зв'язків Польщі з Францією в другій половині XVIII століття.

Величну будівлю прикрашають портики з колонами тосканського ор­дера, на південному фасаді розташовується відкрита галерея на стовпах, що має балюстраду. Всередині збереглася багата ліпнина бального залу, відновлено настінні розписи. Вціліли також парадні сходи з ажурними кутими перилами.

У палаці була зібрана величезна бібліотека (понад 10 000 томів) і ко­лекція картин, включно з полотнами Семирадського, Брандта і навіть Рафаеля. Найцінніші речі Орловські вивезли з собою в Європу після ре­волюції 1917 року.

Головна прикраса садиби в наші дні — парк навколо неї зі сполуче­ними озерами. Парк добре зберігся до наших днів. Особливої природної мальовничості йому надає горбиста, пересічена ярами місцевість, на якій ростуть вікові дерева.

З паркових споруд відвідувачів зачаровує живописний фонтан з левовою мордою і водонапірна башта, стилізована під лицарську, із зубцями-мерлонами.

 The Palace In Maliyivtsi

The palace is situated in the village of Maliyivt­si, Dunaievtsi District Khmelnytskiy Region, 62 km south of Khmelnytskiy.

The palace and park complex in Maliyivtsi belonged to Counts Orlovs­kiy, who were Polish landlords. Count Jan Orlovskiy constructed the palace in 1788 by the project of architect D. Merlini. The architecture of the palace shows a considerable influence of early French classicism, which is a clear reflection of active cultural connections between Poland and France in the second half of the 18th century.

The huge building is decorated by porticos with columns of Tuscan order, and on the south facade there is located an open gallery supported by columns with a balustrade. Inside rich fretworks of a ball room have been preserved, and wall paintings have also been restored, as well as the front staircase with delicate forged handrails.

The palace had a huge library (over 10,000 volumes) and a collection of paintings that included canvases by Semiradskiy, Brandt, and even Ra­phael. The Orlovskiy family took the most valuable things to Europe as they emigrated after the revolution of 1917.

The main present-day decoration of the palace is the park, which sur­rounds it; it has lakes, which are connected to each other. The park has been well preserved to this time, it is very cozy. A special natural pictur­esqueness of the place is due to the hilly terrain, cut by ravines where age- old trees grow. Of all park facilities, only a picturesque fountain with a lion's head and a water tower, fashioned like a knight's tower with merlons, have remained.